Following the proper handling guideline and simple maintenance tips listed below will ensure years of worry free service from your Phantom Screen.
- When not in use, the Phantom Screen should be retracted into the protective housing.
- When rolling the screen into the housing, ensure that the mesh rolls up evenly. Retracting the door with creases in the screen can cause permanent wrinkles
- Ensure that the tracks are kept free of dirt and debris, which may cause the door to perform poorly. Cleaning the tracks and lubricating them with a greaseless silicone spray can restore smooth operation.
- Please use a greaseless silicone spray as other sprays can reduce the effectiveness of the units operation.
- Do not push on the mesh to separate the magnetic strips or catch. This safety feature releases the magnetic strips or catch if the mesh is lightly bumped into, however continual abuse will affect how the door operates.
- It is normal for the mesh to “sail” in certain windy conditions. This may cause the mesh to pull out of the track, however when the wind subsides the mesh will return into the track.
- The unit is spring loaded and may retract suddenly. Educate those using the door or window as to how the product functions in order to ensure trouble free operation.
- Insect screens are intended to provide reasonable insect control and are not intended to provide the retention and/or security of objects, animals, or persons inside or outside your dwelling.
- If the maintenance tips have been followed and you still are not satisfied with the performance, please contact your nearest Phantom Screens services representative at 1800 630 050